Title:  The market scene
Posted:  Monday 2 July 2012 @ 11:39 pm
+

Statistics. (Do I hear a great amount of 'ugh'?)
It's true that I'm not a great fan of my maths, but here's the thing about challenges. If you take it in stride and learn to learn from it, it can be a real surprise how much you've actually grown from it all.

You'll never know how strong you are, until being strong is the only choice you have.

- Unknown 




I still remember the first time I met my mathematics tutor.
But especially the one question he asked that got me completely stunned and lost for words.


"Why don't you like maths?"

Why? Why. Well. Because I wasn't very good and I can't get it, that's why.
And I suppose, also, that being all.


But throughout my struggles,
(and mind you did it come well with a good share of hopelessness, tears and absolute self-disdain)
the question crept up and I started asking myself why am I so forcefully hating it.


(In some what of a self-therapy,) I asked that I tried believing myself for once -- to believe that I can do just about anything if I put my mind to it no matter what the obstacles.

And why. Why hate something?


Stella turned towards me and crumpled my heart in her hand. 'Do you fall in love often?' 

Yes often. With a view, with a book, with a dog, with a cat, with numbers, with friends, with complete strangers, with nothing at all.

- Gut Symmetries, Jeanette Winterson 



So I started seeing inspiration, and slowly, I started asking people why they love the things they do, so that perhaps I could love it like they do too.

So although I haven't kindled a love for maths, I found enough reason not to hate it and not to push myself in that direction where I only felt like a complete and utter failure.


And that my friend, is my happy ending of statistics. 

Well, and also because I found out that my university actually has market day on every Wednesday (?!), which I only found out after sitting that statistics exam. Imagine. Otherwise, I wouldn't have ever bought this dress - goodness.


Let me know what you think of my look in the comments below!
Would love to hear from you.

Baroque print dress, NEW LOOK royal blue heels, Assorted tribal bangles, Flower ring

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Anonymous Anonymous said on 2 July 2012 at 23:50  

The third one down looks like you're thinking if to step into a sky door to another place.

The dress brings out a mature side of you and the blue shoes balances it out by giving it a sense of bubbly feel :)

-Miringuy(:


Blogger Unknown said on 3 July 2012 at 15:05  

i like the ring and the bangles..the dress looks pretty on you too!!


Blogger Unknown said on 11 July 2012 at 13:43  

;)


Blogger Unknown said on 11 July 2012 at 13:43  

thanks :)!!


Blogger Unknown said on 29 July 2012 at 11:14  

Love this look! The heels are amazing :)


Blogger Unknown said on 3 August 2012 at 00:16  

Yeah, they're my favourite shade of blue so far, it seems :) Glad you like them too - Thanks!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment and to share your thoughts so I don't sound like I'm talking to myself all the time! I really appreciate it, and do read each and every single comment. I try my best to reply to each one. Hope to see you again sometime soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Choies-The latest street fashion Online Shopping Singapore & International